Friday, September 30, 2016

The First of Many

Last wednesday (Sept 28), I got my first answered prayer since a month ago. If you've been following me so far, I turned to Jesus again because I'm in need of a better job, nothing more. And long story short, I got what I asked for. My prayer was for God to give me the job that I want and be able to start immediately, and it is exactly what happened. Next week (Oct 3) I'll be starting on my new work. As I reflect on this, I again remember Matthew 6:33 and it is becoming my favorite verse so far.

Jesus said to me, "I told you so." The verse is saying that I should seek Him first and all things shall be added to me. Jesus truly delivered what He promised. At first, I was seeking what He can do for me. Then I realized through the verse that I should seek the Giver and not what He can give. Honestly, if you ask me how I did it, I don't have a clear answer yet but I tried my best to keep my focus on Him alone. Of course I still continued to pray and ask for what I need. At times, doubt creeps in my mind and begins to worry. What I do  is close my eyes and I ask Jesus to calm me down, take away my doubts and worries, and help me keep my focus on Him. Here I am, I just got my first of many. Truly if you seek Him first, all things shall be added on to you.

Usually, my problem when I already receive what I prayed for is I begin to again turn my back from Jesus. My prayer Lord is that you continue to help keep my eyes on You. I don't want to revert back again to my old self. THANK YOU JESUS, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment