Monday, September 26, 2016

My Forgiveness

When I read the Bible again for the first time in a long while, I stopped at the verse of John 3:20. How it fits my reason why we do not want to join a Dgroup. And after our first meeting, one of my immediate thoughts were my sins. We shared one or two with the group and asked myself if God could still forgive me and my wife. Everytime I prayed since then, I would always asked for forgiveness. I also include in my prayers if God could still give me a way to redeem myself for what I have done, although, I could no longer take it back.

Then I saw the verse of John 3:18 - "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son (NIV)." I missed this verse when I was writing about John 3:20. I originally planned on reflecting about the famous John 3:16 but it lead me to verse 18. Then I thought this might be God's way of saying He forgives my sins for as long as I believe in Him genuinely.

This is where I have to be really careful. I should believe in Him to the fullest of its definition. I should not be halfhearted or else my forgiveness might just be halfhearted as well. I know God doesn't forgive lacklusterly but to receive His forgiveness fully, I should believe in Him fully as well. This is what the verse reveals to me. I can assure myself that our Lord will forgive me and my wife for as long as we believe in Him truly. My belief in Him is my forgiveness. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment