Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The best is yet to come

My bible reading was briefly interrupted as I start in my new job. In that short span of time, I also didn't talked to God that much. I kept remembering to pray and read the bible but my laziness kicked in again. So today, while at work during an idle time, I read John 11. The story about the death of Lazarus. I've read it already but decided to read it again. As usual, I did not understand anything when I first read it. But this time, I realized something, and it could be related to what's in my mind right now.

I realized that Jesus could have easily healed Lazarus, even without being physically present. But He chose not to. Not because He doesn't want to but because He has better things in mind. If Lazarus was healed by Jesus, it will not display the glory of God completely. Jesus healed a blind man in John 9 but not everyone believed. In this case, the Jews would also refuse to believe too. They could even say that it is just a scam, that Lazarus pretended to be sick and Jesus pretended to have healed him. So, Jesus waited for him to die. Lazarus can pretend he's sick but definitely not dead. As a result, when He raised Lazarus from the dead, it clearly displayed His powers and it definitely brought glory to God. Many believed as written in verse 45 and there's no indication of disbelief. Instead, some simply went to the Pharisees and reported what they saw in verse 46 and even had an "emergency meeting" in verse 47 because there is no more denying what Jesus is capable of and who He really is.

How is this related to my current situation? For others, the whole passage could mean differently. But for me, it only means the Jesus has better things in mind, beyond what I could imagine. I'm in my second week in my new job and it is not turning out the way I'm expecting it to be. Don't get me wrong, I prayed to Jesus to give me a new job and I believe this is the one He blessed me with. But as I've mentioned, so far, it's not what I expected. Like Mary and Martha who expected Jesus could come and heal Lazarus but didn't, not because He can't but because He has better things in mind. I realized that my new work is still part of God's plan but the best is yet to come. So, I just have to faithfully believe that Jesus has better plans for me. For now, I just have to endure what I presently have. AMEN




No comments:

Post a Comment