Sunday, October 16, 2016

A gracious reminder not to lose sight again

It is sunday again and I said to my wife that I'm beginning to love sundays, not because it's my day off, but because I can go to church. It is becoming my favorite place right now. So today, we decided to try CCF North Edsa instead of going to CCF main, mainly because of convenience and to save money on commute.

The place was small but nice. What I didn't expected was that it was almost full. It was only its second sunday service, so I'm not expecting many people to attend. Another thing that didn't go as expected was the message. It was a video, no live pastor preaching. Actually, it is not something new with CCF. They do it once in a while. What's different is that the topic of the message was delayed by two weeks. So, the topic was again about John 9 instead of John 11. It came to my mind to leave. I've already heard the message, so I thought why stay, but I didn't. Then I realized, it is our Lord's way of giving me a gracious reminder not to lose sight of Him again.

The message on John 9 was about spiritual blindness. Over a month ago, I was spiritual blind. By the grace of God, I am slowly regaining my sight. However, a couple of weeks back, I felt I'm slowly losing my sight again because of work and my laziness. Also because I feel that I already got what I needed from God. So, I am reverting back to my old self again. Therefore, it was a timely reminder from God to me not to lose sight of Him. Although the time period is not that long, God acted quickly.

It is amazing how He acts. Honestly, for the most part, I couldn't understand our Lord and how He works. It was only out of my own convenience why I decided to go to CCF Noth Edsa, yet Jesus had better things in mind. It was His will that lead me to go to North Edsa in order for Him to remind me. In addition, I also learned a few other things that I might have missed before. Jesus is truly amazing. Thank you for the reminder Dear Lord. AMEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment